Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Let's ... make ... a pie--an apple pie!

Tasty Habits, anyone?  Weren't you there?  Remember that show they did at WMUC above the South Campus Dining Hall--the night they promised "improved stage antics"?  And then they delivered by tossing marshmallows into the audience halfway through the set, and because it was a very small room with way too many people it got way too hot and all the marshmallows melted and stuck to the floor/our shoes?  How can you not remember that?  Well, that's why I baked this apple-cranberry pie.




Actually, it was for my office Thanksgiving party (from which I'm still full, despite leaving the office five hours ago.)  Yeah, those folks like their food & drink. I'm just sorry you didn't get to try my apple pie ... whoever you are.  Well, you can expect me to not stop making pies or going to concerts anytime soon, so eventually our paths will cross.

4 comments:

  1. Tasty Habits! I was a big fan.. while it lasted haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your blog is full of nostalgia today. I still have that song on my ipod, and whenever it comes up on shuffle, I smile (and then usually push 'next'). I think we arrived at that concert in style, piled into the immigrant van.

    And your pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, yes, the spring of ought-six. When boys were men and habits were tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for dipping in the ODK fountain of nostalgia with me. It's good to know I'm hitting my intended audience.

    ReplyDelete