Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rock, Chick Rock


For some reason, my music-listening experience has recently been inundated by female artists. This is partly by choice: in what I listen to, and through my expanding awareness of the music I'm missing out on. But this trend also depends on the forums I explore and what I am exposed to there. But even then, NPR doesn't force me to listen to anything ... But enough analysis! Here are some tunes/artists to liven up your day/life, ranging from folk to rock and back again:


Florence + the Machine performs prettily in studio

Wye Oak on some balcony playing "Civilian" (and I thought the album version was good)

And then there's the amazing Lisa Hannigan's "Tiny Desk Concert": http://www.npr.org/2011/10/25/141684634/lisa-hannigan-tiny-desk-concert


Or, even Laura Marling playing "Muse" in concert

Once again, Dum Dum Girls (been listening to their album all week):



And a teaser from one of my favorites, Sharon Van Etten, who'll be on tour next year supporting her new album: http://www.thealternateside.org/111129/sharon-van-etten-tramps-view-serpents-download-album-art

So I guess music in 2011 wasn't all that bad, but still ... bring on 2012!








No comments:

Post a Comment