Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Very Mandy Meal



Before the extravaganza that is the traditional American Thanksgiving, Mandy and I put together a sumptuous for our apartment. It featured Mandy's latest crock-pot concoction ('tis the season, after all): lentil & butternut squash stew. 
Of course, Tim will claim that his meddling monitoring not only contributed to the cook of the stew, but also to preventing the house from burning down. Alongside this hearty stew, I added a loaf of my usual no-knead, no-worry artisan bread, paired the meal with a rather dry, tart Spanish apple cider.



And for those of you not familiar with my aunt: crock-pot meal + mountain of fresh bread + green drink = a very Mandy meal (though I believe a sprinkle-encrusted bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream would also qualify.)   

2 comments:

  1. Did you make that bread?? It looks delicious (as does the stew).

    I've always thought of bread as the next frontier of intimidating cooking that I would like to explore. However, I have yet to tackle anything beyond biscuits and beer bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I always get that reaction, but really, this bread is VERY easy to make. I'll send you the recipe so you can impress your roomies with piles of fresh oven-baked goodness.

    ReplyDelete