Sunday, October 17, 2010

NPR and New Music, Part 3: All Songs Considered radio


Yes, I enjoyed Pandora at one time, and very much appreciate the existence of Grooveshark.  But sometimes, rather than choosing songs or artists myself, I want a radio channel with both a quality and varied selections.  And now, I've found that.  

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of All Songs Considered, its producers created a streaming 24/7 channel of songs featured on the program over the last decade.  Give it a listen.  If you don't like what you hear, give it a couple minutes, the song will change--probably to a completely different genre (though never pop, country, or hip-hop ... why the bias against these, NPR?)  And a list of recently played tracks is always at your disposal, a nice feature for the ignorant and curious like me.   

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize how much NPR Music had to offer. Very cool. I liked that Bob Dylan album, and am going to have to start checking their website on a more regular basis.

    ReplyDelete